The constituency of Kadapa accounts for the lion’s share of housing construction

The housing department is like a beehive full of activity and officials are busy preparing for the launch of the flagship program “Navaratnalu – Pedalandariki Illu”, which is slated for a week.

Since the government has planned a mega-grounding ceremony for July 1st, 3rd and 4th, the timetable has been prepared in such a way that the construction of 14,000 houses can start on each of these days.

Of the 95,649 houses sanctioned for the entire district as part of the first phase, the Kadapa constituency alone bagged 26,392 houses, that is a whopping 27%.

In the first phase, a total of 18,572 houses will be built in fifteen floor plans, while the 7,820 houses that have been closed for various reasons will be actively pursued.

According to collector Ch. Hari Kiran, a bricklayer, it takes 25 houses to build and, as such, it takes about 525 bricklayers to complete the task.

In fact, 60% of the houses sanctioned in the district are assigned to the municipalities, while the elected officials in rural areas have to make do with the remaining 40%.

The main reason for this trend is the better perception and the emergence of small families in the cities.

Corporations and city councils are entrusted with monitoring residential activity in the respective departments / districts and completing the construction work on schedule.

Integrated townships

Although the houses are to be built in stages, the district administration paid particular attention to the development of the Jagananna colonies as integrated townships.

“The activity includes various departments such as Panchayat Raj, Revenue, Housing and Electricity. Officials from all departments are involved in coordination. The colonies will become self-sustaining townships, ”said Joint Collector (Housing) Dhyana Chandra HMHM The Hindu.

There are three options in the implementation of the project, namely the construction of houses by the government and handover to the beneficiary, the latter building the house with the building materials provided by the government and third, the government for the material procured and built paid by the beneficiary.

Even if the complicated processes are monitored via a mobile app that assigns 25 houses in the area to a bricklayer, steps to recruit construction workers in large numbers are planned.

Leave a Comment