Electronic waste destroyed in fire at Gunadala subway station

0
27

On Saturday around noon a fire broke out in the 33 kV city supply (electrical substation) in Gunadala. Scrap and plastic were gutted in the accident.

District Firefighter (DFO) M. Srinivas Reddy said plastic covers, e-waste and grass in the substation had been stripped.

After receiving the information, three fire tenders from Autonagar and Vijayawada stormed on the spot and extinguished the flames.

The reason for the fire was not immediately known. Nobody was injured, said the DFO.

In a press release, officials from Vidyut Soudha (Transmission Corporation of AP) said the minor fire accident was due to a short circuit caused by birds and the damage was estimated at £ 30,000. The department officials acted quickly and minimized the loss, officials said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here